Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My 25th "First Day"

Here I am again... my "First Day". If could lose a pound for every "First Day" of a diet I have ever started... let's just say I could squeeze into a size 14... maybe :o) I'm so driven in EVERY single aspect of my life, except for keeping a healthy weight. Could I blame genetics, school, work, my husband, busy life, carbs, and my cat? Sure I could sit here and blame all day long... The cold, hard fact of the matter is, I have NOTHING or ANYONE to blame but myself. I'm the one who does not exhibit self control. I'm the one who is a late-night snacker. I'm the one who will guzzle a bottle of wine and not even pay attention to how many calories it is (let's be honest, I didn't even give it a thought). I'm the one who would get the fried sampler platter of fried goodness and a "diet coke" (seriously, I crack myself up). I'm the one who had LIED myself and to others for so many years about my heating habits. Who wants to admit they could eat a frozen pizza in one sitting? I sure didn't.

Am I being hard on myself? You're DAMN RIGHT I am! My husband, family, and friends love me so much. I know they see me as beautiful and they tell me daily. I don't blame them for maybe sugar-coating (yum) the truth from me. They maybe could of said "Slow your roll...on eating rolls" but they didn't. I'm not even mad about it. I am 24 (almost 25) years old and I have known for a long time, what is right and what is wrong.

So here I am. On my first day and I'm declaring HERE and NOW for all the creepy Internet world to see... this is my LAST First Day. This is not the First Day of my diet... it is the First Day of New Life.

Thanks for everyone's support.

HERE WE GO!!!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! It takes patience and persistence (And for me, it takes honesty - being honest with myself, especially.)

    Congratulations on your LAST first day and continued good wishes for all the rest of the days to follow!

    (I found you through your comment on Lorrie's blog.)

    ReplyDelete