Thursday, September 22, 2011

Don’t be late….or I’ll punch you

I am a STICKLER for time.  I always give myself 15 minutes extra when it comes to leaving or arriving.  I like things done to be early and ahead of time. Do I have procrastinator tendencies?  Sure, I was the stressed-out college student that would be in the library to 2am because I worked better “under-pressure”.  I’ve always like to give myself a time window of when I want things completed.  I would love to sit goals like “I want to lose 50 lbs by Christmas” but that is unreachable.  For the first time in my life, I want to set a realistic weight loss goal… and beat the hell out of it.  I can’t count how many times that I’ve said, “I’m going to lose 30 lbs by (insert random event here – wedding, holiday, event where I will see and be seen by high school classmates)”.  The bottom line is that I’ve NEVER actually fully met that goal.  Granted, I lost about 20-30 lbs before my wedding, I’ve gained them back.  I have to live with fact that I was a “fat bride”.  I can’t dwell on that.  I would love to press the rewind button and go back, but I can’t.  Looking towards the future and the optimist side of me says it’s looking bright (while the pessimist side of me is saying “you’ll give up again, like you always do”).  I truly feel in it to win it this time.  I may have been the “fat bride” but I don’t have to be a “fat wife, mother, friend, and coworker” etc.  I want to be the BEST me, I can be.

So here and now, for the WWW to see, I’m setting 2 future weight loss goals.

1.        Lose 30 lbs by Christmas
2.       Lose 60 lbs by May 1st

I have alternative reasons for Goal #2.  Spring is going to be busy, busy, busy for me!  I’m hosting a bridal shower, baby shower, bachelorette party and going to MOH in a wedding!  I need to be svelte while doing all this!  I would love to treat myself with a hot LBD (little black dress) for the bachelorette party (heck maybe if I lost the 60 I’ll branch out from black…. At the size I am, I’m in constant funeral mode over here).  Maybe some think these goals are unreachable, maybe I’m setting myself up to fail.  I can’t say that I didn’t try.  I’m going to try my hardest. 
Thanks for reading J

No comments:

Post a Comment