Tuesday, January 17, 2012

She’s baaaaaack

I know I know… did you guys think I had fallen off the face of the earth? October-December is a busy, busy time for us.  With anniversaries, birthdays, then the holidays… it was hard to find a moment free.  Count in working full-time, watching my sweet pseudo niece (bff’s little girl) on Wednesdays then Zumba-ing EVERY night I had free…. I let me witty little blog, slip to the wayside.  I decide it’s better late than ever to jump back into the game.
So what’s changed?  Well, I have lost a total of 27 lbs…woo hoo!  I had lost 25 by Christmas (my goal was 30 so not bad)… I gained 2lbs last week when the holiday weight finally crept up but I had a really good weigh this week of 4.4 lbs!  I’m close to 30 and I hope to reach it by the end of the month!  I’m still following the WW plan.  I was very OP (on-point) last week and Zumba-ed a total of 6 hours so for anyone who says the plan doesn’t work…. It does J  I’m drinking plenty of water, trying to get rest (keyword…trying),and  controlling my portions.  I have a lot more energy.  My clothes are starting to sag quite a bit and people are definitely beginning to notice the change.  I’m almost 1/3 of the way in my journey.  My goal as of right now is somewhere between 80-90 lbs, so if my progress continues I’ll hopefully be at goal by this time next year.
I have a lot of EXCITING things coming up.  I’m going to have to list them in order to not forget!
1.        I have 2 sweet and dear friends having baby girls this year.  My one friend Brittnee has been one of my closest friends since we were in diapers, she and her husband Brett are having Baby girl Braylee in May.  My other friend Heather is an ex-coworker that has blossomed into an AMAZING friendship, she and her husband John are having baby girl Leighton in March…. I LOVE LOVE shopping for baby girls!!!! I’m in the process of planning Brittnee’s shower and already shopping for both precious Braylee and Leighton!
2.       Another close friend of mine, also named Brittany, is getting married in June and I’m her Matron of Honor (sounds so old!).  So we are deep into planning mode and I cannot wait for all the festivities, esp an all girls trip to Columbus for the Bachelorette Party!!!  This also means I have a dress to fit and look fabulous in! I can’t wait for Brittany and Chris’ beautiful wedding! It will be fabulous!
3.       Last but not least,  I have registered to get my Zumba Instructor Certification in March!  I’m so excited and incredibly nervous.  I have become ADDICTED to Zumba in the past few months.  Being a dancer most of my life,  the routines bring up a familiar place for me.  I love Brickhouse Cardio Club (www.brickhousecardio.com) where I take Zumba.  My instructors Kristie and Jaime are AMAZING!  We have such a great group of girls and I’ve met some great friends!
Hopefully this gets me up to date.  I PROMISE to get better about this blog, I want to remember this journey.  Thanks for catching up with me J

No comments:

Post a Comment